Friday 12 June 2009

3 Have's




Today, there are three kinds of people: the have's, the have-not's, and the have-not-paid-for-what-they-have's.
~Earl Wilson

Regards,
Anandha Subha.




I just got this sent to me, along with an e-mail in response to my previous article, can't help wanting to clap and cheer. I think it sums up my previous article perfectly.

I have on worries with paying taxes to help people who really do need a hand, but for crying out loud, the woman uses every excuse under the sun to get away with 20 years of claiming benefit.

At any point in her 20 year long career of scrounging, she could have took a job.
I have flipped burgers, cleaned toilets, worked in a cheese factory where every morning I was psychically sick from the smell of all those cheese smells mixing together, I have worked nights and at one point had 3 jobs outside of the home and still was a home worker stuffing envelopes and making cushion covers. Eventually ending up earning my living on building sites, surrounded by men and working as hard as they did. Now I run a small business from home.

I had nothing but sheer determination not to sink into hell dragging my innocent kids with me, life wasn't easy and in many ways still isn't.

I have no pension, something that troubles me and my only asset in life is my house, which has dropped in price so much it was in free fall at one point.

I could easily have done what she and so many other people have done, but while things have at times been almost too much to cope with, I felt I owed it to my children to at least try and do better than a hand out and a sink estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin