Tuesday 15 September 2009

Thanks For Every Thing Patrick.




Sad, sad news that Patrick Swayze has passed from us.
The photo above spent a number of months stuck to my fridge, not for any other reason other than it seemed so full of life and I liked the horse. But it is a nice photo of him all the same.
Every one always bleats on about his performance in Dirty Dancing, Ghost and Road Trip, but for me his best performance was in To Wong Foo -Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar.

But then that might be because I do have a love of men in drag. But that's another post.
Here's the trailer from the film,which I have to say I do have in my film collection and I simply adore. I watched it again this afternoon, funny thing is you can watch the whole film on YouTube.

There is a scene in the film near the end where Stockard Channings' character Carol Anne is saying goodbye to Patrick Swayzes' character Vida.

Carole Anne "I don't think of you as a man, I don't think of you as woman.
I just think of you as an angel"

It's a really sweet scene.
Here's the trailer to the film, if you have never seen it, treat yourself and watch it on YouTube just type in To Wong Foo 1 and it comes up in 10minute slots.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot about that one!!! Thanks!!! Just another example of how talented he really was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really sad. He fought hard.He touched so many peoples lives because of the iconic films that he was in.Thanks from me too, Patrick. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a uniquely gentle man he was!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin