Sunday 16 August 2009

One Million Giraffes


Here's a little madness for us all to laugh and enjoy.
While watching BBC show called "Click." I found out about a quest to get 1 million giraffe images by 2011.

It turns out that one friend challenged another by saying that it couldn't be done.
Always a reason for men and madness the "Peter Pan Syndrome" which as you know blog watchers of mine is one of the reasons I love men so much.

I have joined the Facebook page and I have every intention of sending in some images for the collection. So come on people, get your thinking caps on, have a look at the site HERE
Don't forget to join the Facebook page, if you are on there click HERE


Mr. Giraffe, you make me laugh,
You seem to be made all wrong;
Your head is so high up there in the sky
And your neck is so very long
That your dinner and tea, it seems to me,
Have such a long way to go,
And I'm wondering how they manage to know
The way to your tummy below.

Geoffrey Donald Page (born 7 July 1940)

I have a belief that people in general are kind, considerate and are willing to help each other and having looked through the site and the Facebook page, I really do think more so now, that this is the case. People from a round the World are taking this to heart and spreading the word.

So come on blog buddies and people have a go, there's a giraffe or two in all of us. When I get mine done I will post it here before I send it off.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you enoy the loony antics of us chaps. I hugely enjoyed the video of the flying leap into the little paddling pool. And I don't care if it's a fake or not, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think men get enough credit for the joy they bring into our lives.

    But my feelings are maybe a bit squiffy, due to being youngest child and only girl in a 13 child family (my sister was adopted much later in life). Then there's the 30 yrs in a male dominated job, I have seen some nutty things and it's been a laugh.

    Every day one of my brothers would come up with some madness and the house was full of laughter,still is when they get together.

    I do feel that men often get a negative press and that rankles my sense of fair play. Neither gender is perfect.

    Got to love the boys, they're not all bad.
    Much love,
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do realize that I can't draw worth a tinkers darn, right?

    Yeah, yeah.... geeze... k....

    Lemme think!!
    I can do this!!

    *laughing* Righhhhtttttt.......

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin