Tuesday 4 August 2009

One of My Favourite Cartoon Characters.



Is 46, too old to still be liking Top Cat. This is without a doubt one of my favorite cartoons. I still know all the lyrics to the theme tune and can often be found humming or singing it, (well I call it singing, but the family say it sounds more like Misty cat as got her tail caught in a blender).

Here is the lyrics for you all to sing along to the you tube with.

Top Cat!
The most effectual Top Cat!
Who’s intellectual close friends get to call him T. C.
Providing it’s with dignity.

Top Cat!
The indisputable leader of the gang.
He’s the boss, he’s a pip, he’s the championship.
He’s the most tip top, Top Cat.

Yes he’s a chief, he’s a king,
But above everything,
He’s the most tip top,
Top Cat. Top Cat!

I loved Top Cat when I was a kid, he was one of my earliest hero's.
My favourite character was Benny The Ball.



See Wikipedia
if you want to know more (I was amazed that the series had a Wikipedia page .

1 comment:

  1. I remember Top Cat! As with everything, I don't remember it well but the song is very, very familiar.

    You're never too old to love things you were exposed to as a kid.

    Being young at heart is what it's all about, so give yourself a round of applause for keeping that child in you alive and well.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin